Sunday, 1 December 2013

Love my vejayjay

Jamie McCartney has created the Great Wall of vagina. Jamie has moulded 400 vaginas of 400 women aged between the ages of 18 and 76 to create a nine metre long tribute to the vulva.

I have strong objection to genital mutilation. I am against circumcision for males and female genital mutilation. Removing body parts to achieve a cosmetic end is questionable at best. Female genital mutilation is not straightforward and can involve removing part of all of clitoris, labia minora and/or labia majora; narrowing the vaginal opening by creating a cover or seal as well as pricking, scraping or cauterizing the genital area.

I have a poor self image. It is something I am working really hard on. I hate being naked but have been forcing myself to try not to be repulsed by my body. If I cannot accept my body then I cannot expect to stand up for what I want if I have an intimate relationship.

While I can see that Mr McCartney may have had ulterior motives with this work of "art" I like the sentiment behind it. All vaginas, like all noses/feet/teeth/ears, are different. Accept it or move on. No one should tolerate their partner telling them that they are imperfect/unattractive/not worthy because of the shape/colour/length/lumpiness of their lips, the depth or width of their vagina or the location of their cervix. The clitoris is the most sensitive erogenous zone in a women's body and should be revered not severed.

Women, love your vejayjay!


No comments:

Post a Comment