Thursday, 18 August 2016

One reader

I watched 5 to 7 and there was a part that resonated so strongly for me - "No matter how much you want to write when you are happy; you have to write when you are miserable".  In my experience, the passion has to go somewhere and writing is the only place for it. I also believe that suffering has to be good for something. The pain I went through for many years (and some of which I still carry) has brought me to a place in my life where I know who I am. I know my strengths and weaknesses. I know my likes and dislikes. I know and live my values.

I would love to write that story one day. The journey into, through and out of darkness.

As Brian says in 5 to 7, "Your greatest story, whatever it might be, is written for one reader". I truly believe that.

No comments:

Post a Comment