Today is my not-so-little girl's birthday. She's nine. One of the worst things about being divorced is that I don't always get to see my babies on their special occasions - whether it be a birthday or an award or the perfect cartwheel on the lawn.
I find it personally very hard to be separated from them on a daily basis but on days like today - the pain is immense. The desire to hug her and hold her tight is overwhelming. Friday seems like a long, long time away.
So, here's a tribute to the sweetest, most creative, generous, cheeky monkey I know. May your heart stay strong, may you retain your tenacity and may all your wildest dreams come try my gorgeous, intelligent little lady. I am so proud of the lady you are growing up to be and love you with all of my heart.
No comments:
Post a Comment