I hate autumn. It's a daily downhill slide to winter - the cold air takes your breath away when you walk outside; it's dark when I run in the morning and at night when I get home from gym; there are no good wardrobe choices to be able to cater for the freeze at either end of the day and the mild spike in temperature in the middle; the heater needs to be on in the evening and morning but not when you're actually sleeping; there are fools that insist on driving in the darkness without lights on and others have lost the ability to drive in the wet (like summer wipes their memory or something).
Today's first world issue of note is the fact that I have to layer up to run in the morning - full length leggings, reflective jacket, long sleeve top and singlet. And I still shiver for the first five minutes. Then, at about fifteen minutes, I am too hot. I am an impatient bitch though, so today I refused to stop to reduce the layers. I managed to take my jacket off and tie it around my waist without incident but when I tried to take off my long sleeve top I had a self-induced wardrobe malfunction and took my singlet with it. Panic ensued as I tried to disentangle the singlet from the top while juggling my phone. And all this, of course, happened on a major artillery in front of a stream of pre-peak hour traffic.
Happy Monday!
No comments:
Post a Comment