Thursday, 18 February 2016

Bulletproof

Life is a growth exercise. We each have been exposed to different situations that shape us into who we are. We are the sum of our collective experiences. As such, no two people are the same. And, because of the nature of influence situations have on people (that being that different people react differently to the same situation) we can never really know what another person has experienced.

I have found that people tend to be quite protective of their pasts. My honesty and openness means that I tend to overshare information and end up feeling vulnerable as a result. Generally speaking, I think people know too much about me. It is something I am working on - trying to give less detailed answers when people ask me questions. I am slowly learning to keep my guard up; hold my cards close to my chest (bulletproof comes into my head).

No comments:

Post a Comment