Tuesday, 26 November 2013

Irreplaceable

I am dedicating this week to a pop princess - Beyonce Knowles-Carter is an advocate for empowerment and has been touted as a 'modern day feminist'. All accolades aside (and there are a number), she is an exceptionally talented individual with the voice of an angel.

Right now I am loving the strength that Beyonce shows. This is a woman who seems pretty self-assured, something I am definitely not (but am working on establishing a framework for). I am, step by step, building a base to which I can return when I lose my way. I am sorting through my shit and developing a firm base of who I am, what matters to me and where I want to be. I am reinforcing boundaries and letting go of inhibitions. I am spending a lot of time exploring things I have never had time to think about let alone assess and define. I am a survivor.

One of the songs that is resonating with me a lot lately is irreplaceable. No one is irreplaceable. Realising this is a blessing and a curse. I once, foolishly, thought my ex would miss me when I left. He did not. He has moved on. Twice. And is happier than ever. I know no one believes me but I am honestly thankful that he has someone in his life. I want him to be happy. He is the father of my children and I believe he will be a better dad to them if he is personally happy.


No comments:

Post a Comment